Micro lens vision correction - ReLEx SMILE
ReLexSMILE is used only with patients who are shortsighted from -.5 to -10 diopters and astigmatism from -5 diopters. Based on individual possibilities for correction related to the topography of the cornea (correction of an aberration at the highest level) we apply and recommend to patients the FemtoLASIK 7D or TransPRK SmartSurFace method.
In our clinics, we use only the Femto- LASIK 7D-Z-LASIK-Z 3D and TransPRK Smart surFace or combination of lasers: femtosecond LDV Ziemer Z4 and excimer laser Schwind Amaris 1050 RS.
Benefits of the ReLExSMILE method
- This is a method without a flap – inside the intact cornea and so-called lenticular (thin fragment of the lens in the cornea). The next step is a minimally invasive approach. Through this small opening later we can remove the intracorneal lens
- The correction is made only with the femtosecond laser Visumax – the complete procedure by laser (fashioning of the cornea and the small incision) is performed in one step, by using the laser.
- The ReLexSMILE method may be used for pronounced nearsightedness, to -10 diopters.
- Without limits – after the procedure the patient can perform all activities, rub their eyes, play sports, there is no danger from moving a corneal flap.
Risks of the ReLEx SMILE method
- This procedure cannot be repeated using this same method. Correction cannot be repeated using ReLexSMILE. Further correction is possible using LASEK/PRK, femtoLASIK with a thin corneal flap, and the CIRCLE method
- It is not possible to apply the so called automatic static cycoratation, which is important before correction of astigmatism
- It also cannot correct farsightedness.
- It does not correct aberrations of the highest order, i.e. a coma, or spherical aberrations or aberrations resulting from the topography of the cornea (topo-guided).
Information about the Relex Smile method was changed and updated, partially with concern to the scope of this method and partially related to a request by Carl Zeiss, Ltd.